Switchers, what do you love most about your new Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I just love that after a system upgrade, my mac still turns on , doesn't delete my user account, re-configure my 'open with' programs and in general, allow me to access my computer. I also love that my mac doesn't take 4 minutes to open photoshop cs4.

Yeah, the machine actually working after an update is always nice.
As a rule I never update when I'm busy. For example if I have a project due, I may turn off updates depending on my mood and level of laziness.

Is there a way to turn off automatic downloading of updates? I want it to tell me there's an update but not download. Sometimes I use academic LANs and I don't want to hog bandwidth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Have had my MBP 13" for a month now. I've been using many laptop PC through the 10+ yrs.

Brilliant color, contrast and brightness for the display. Shutdown and startup very quickly. I always dreaded the shutdown and startup on the PC. OS is very lean, not a lot of useless info and settings like Windows. Less annoying confirmation dialog box asking me if I'm sure I wanted the change.

The MBP runs cool and quiet. I bought an HP 15" just 6 months ago and it runs hot with fan noise. Long battery life per charge. The only laptop that has battery that last very close to what it claimed. I also appreciated not having to deal with a brick size power adapter.

I plugged in an old HP printer at work that I don't have a driver CD. My MBP access the internet, installed what it needed, after 5 minutes I was ready to print. I've never had it so simple and hassle free with my PC. I'd probably still use my HP but it's been gathering dust so far the last month.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
Well, this is an old thread, but I'm going to post in it anyway.

I like that I can proceed without knowing 100% what I'm doing, and the help files and pop-ups and logical, consistent layout of everything means that I'm successful most of the time.

Oh, I also like the quick start-up, no need to restart to keep it running fast, and the general construction quality of the hardware. The price was a jagged little pill to swallow, but I can see where my money went every day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
Like a million people have said, and as Apple advertises, it just works.

That, and the fact my MCB does not have any idea, or care about what a dll is. After looking underneath hood, and beginning to learn Unix/Linus (of course basic rudimentary knowledge), makes how it works that much better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Being vary familiar with the PC world: One USB port on the right side of my MBP would be nice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.