Switchers, what do you love most about your new Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB HD.
What I like about my Mac:

The way it looks, how it works, practically everything about it. It has changed my life. I enjoy working now. I don't know what I would do without it. I hate myself for not getting one sooner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I like the fast it boots up. I still use a PC and waiting on it to boot up and update all the spam/anti-virus is a bummer... Airport is great too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2ghz / 2g / 160g72k | Ipod nano black 4G
1. i can run windows if needed - paralelles or bootcamp
2. less worry about viruses on web pages and browsing security
3. is small and light and all good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" Core i5 Quad - Mac Mini c2d - iPad Pro - iPhone 11 - ATV3
I like my "Big Mac".....sorry, no pun intended, because it is uncluttered.

I dont get "Pop Ups", the long boot up process, and a load of items trying to update as soon as I switch it on. I love the BIG screen and the way it feels in general.

Cheers

Philip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16Ghz core2duo, 1GB, superdrive
For me its the wireless network, it always uses the one i want and dosent randomly disconnect for five minutes like my windows machine did while trying to figure out why it wouldnt connect to my neighbours password protected network.

Also the battery life, simplicity of installing/uninstalling and the fact noone else in the house can use it so its 100% mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Intel MacBook 2GHZ Core2Duo, 2 GB Ram
F9
Front Row
Finder
Spotlight
Garage Band
iPhoto

The List goes on and on...

Best purchase I've made letely.

Edit: Just received my 500GB HDD for my MB!!

Reaction score
learned PC's from the ground up.
Started with DOS 4 and stuck with it all the way to xp pro.
In Dec. 2006 I switched to an iMac 17" intel core 2 duo 2.0GHZ after my PC crashed (again).

Now I am:

Encoding video for iPod
Downloading movies from iTunes
Burning DVD
Surfing the net
Playing World Of Warcraft
Listening to music..................

All at the same time!!
WITH NO LAG!!!

Holy crap!! why didn't I get one of these things sooner.:cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini & MB Pro
What do I love most about my mac? It's not given me one single error since I bought it. NO stupid driver problems, no silly reboots, etc. :dive: :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Thought this deserved a mini bump since I've just read it all and nodded along to most of it!

There are sooo many things I love about my new Macbook, most of which have already been named, Dashboard, the Dock and Expose' is a god send! The fact that a complete computer nonce like me can work it pretty confidently as soon as it came out the box is huge for me! Everything is just a pleasure on this thing and forgive me for being totally feminine, but the OS is just so much prettier than Windows! :girl:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I've owned my MacBook for more than a week now (I got it Mar. 24, 2007) and I absolutely love EVERYTHING about it. Its looks, its interface, its OS, the way it "just works," how the seamless integration doesn't give me a headache.. boy, I sure wish I bought a Mac soon enough!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Thought this deserved a mini bump since I've just read it all and nodded along to most of it!

There are sooo many things I love about my new Macbook, most of which have already been named, Dashboard, the Dock and Expose' is a god send! The fact that a complete computer nonce like me can work it pretty confidently as soon as it came out the box is huge for me! Everything is just a pleasure on this thing and forgive me for being totally feminine, but the OS is just so much prettier than Windows! :girl:

Yeah I must agree! Mac OS X has always been prettier than Windows. That's why Windows fans are always trying to make themes for Windows just to make it look like a Mac.

Reaction score
One I do not like about my new MBP: I have too much free time now b/c I no longer have to research, install & test security software. Hmm, gonna have to realize that my computer is more than just a platform to play w/ security stuff...

Reaction score
All my gadgets work instantly. No installing software and painful drivers for my cameras, my printer, speakers, memory card reader, iPods (obviously), external hard drive... yes, all of that makes it quite beautiful.
I also dig my dashboard :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.3 ghz 6.5 GB ram 20" cinema display ..15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Core 2 Duo 2 Gig RAM
Favorite thing about my MBP is the ability to take it with me for my morning constitutional. :biohazard

I just want to make sure that everyone remembers this quote when Bobtomay puts his MBP up for sale on the used market. :bomb:

Reaction score
Aside from the Mac/Powerbooks holding the title as most aesthetically pleasing laptop on the planet, I like the ease and elegance of OSX.

If I had to choose a favorite feature, it would be how completely uncluttered the OS is with third party software. In my view, the best feature is the ease in which the OS can be reloaded to the user's specifications--very simple and intuitive to configure, partition, and customize.

Even with Macs, I always like to reformat, and load the OS on a fresh install with a partitioned HD to my specifications.

Here, OSX is 100 times more efficient (truly, everything "just" works) than XP/Vista!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
And another thing - the MacBooks wireless connection is far better than my Windows machine. I get a perfect connection anywhere in the house, my PC laptop has trouble even within sight of the wireless hub. I keep forgetting the MacBook is connecting wirelessly, it's so fast.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.