Hiding Genres

Reaction score
You can hide the Genre but the entire column goes with it. Just right-click/Control-click anywhere on the menu and untick Genre.

#OR#

Alternatively if you just don't want a specific song/songs to have a Genre attached, just highlight in the box and delete the contents and press Enter.

OP
C
Reaction score
I think I stated that unclearly. Thanks for the response. What I want to to is hide a genre such as rap so that the actual songs are stored in itunes but is hidden from being seen. Thanks

Reaction score
If the songs are in your iTunes library then you won't be able to hide them other than using Playlists and never going into the Rap playlist. But anyone going into your Library, which is the top link in the left pane, can see all your music...

If you stored them in a separate folder to the iTunes folder, and played them through iTunes without importing them, they would still turn up in the Library and you would need to delete them which is fidly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.