• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I need a free video editing program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GM ram, 128mb vram, Macbook, iPhone 3G 8g
Ok, so I use my digital camera to take short clips. And I wanted them to be really funny/cool. I would like to add effects so that in certain parts of the clip, it shows it in slow motion. I would also like for it to play it in reverse. Its sort of hard to explain...

...when you use Quicktime, you can use the arrow keys to move along the video very slowly, when you hold the right arrow key, its in slow motion. When you hold the left arrow key, it goes the opposite way around in slow motion...

I would also like to add music/sounds in-sequence to the video. And maybe add some subtitles or other affects. I need a free program to do this.

-Thank You!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
imovie is on your computer and will do what you want it to do.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, but (i think i have my story some where on the forums) when i first got my mac my sims 2 wasnt working and it said some thing about disk space so I accidently deleted imovie, garageband, iphoto, and who knows what else.

I still need help (i will buy ilife07, but i need some thing for the mean time)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Search the forums for recovering imovie from the install disks. This has been asked before and I know there is an application to help you with this. I just forget what it is called.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, but, as i mentioned in my story on some other thread, I lost my backup disk and am now looking for a downloadable, free program to edit my movies. At least till iLife 07.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This wont work, I dont have a company or any thing like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fake it. Some of the options are 'UNKNOWN'. You do not have to be a company to get it from what I can tell. You will need a real e-mail address so you can get the key.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So in the terms of service it doesnt say: "If you do not put correct information we will sue you." or, "must be 18 years or older to get demo"
?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You'll have to do further detailed research your self. Start with the FAQ. It clearly states "Anyone can download Avid Free DV".

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm.... "Not enough physical memory to run application"

I dont really know what that means, is that RAM? or hard drive space?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Memory-RAM. Otherwise it would say something like "Not enough disk space".

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
drat, looks like this program wont work.

Reaction score
What are your machine specs?

I have just downloaded it onto my G4 alu Powerbook with 1G RAM, and it seems to be ok, though I have no footage to test it properly yet.

BTW, thanks for the heads-up, xsetp. I've been trying to find a pro-level free video editor for some time now...I just hope it works.

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 512mb of ram. 1.42 ghz cpu.

Also, while i'm about this.

Does any one have any good screen recording (as in video, not pictures) soft ware (also free)

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I searched this on wikipedia, but did not find out.

What is shareware? Will I get charged for using it? Are there any charge fee risks for using it?

OP
Jay Ray
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I still need the above question answered, i googled it and everything.

L

LukeSkope

Seriously, you googled "what is shareware" and couldn't find an answer? I call crazy ponies. I googled it and had no problem finding this

Upgrade your RAM to a gig and use the Avid free DV software. It's the best you're gonna get for free since you deleted iMovie.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.