Buy or wait - Apple Cinema Display 30-inches

S

spike5792

I'm definitely going to buy the Apple Cinema Display 30-inch model. The question I'm pondering at the moment is whether they're going to release an update or new model in January MacWorld?

I know an update is inevitable at some point, so as long as they don't update in January then I wont be too gutted.

So what do you all reckon? - Do you think there'll be an update or not? Should I buy or should I wait?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Just buy it now, its not like your screen will be any less if they release and update.

OP
S

spike5792

Just buy it now, its not like your screen will be any less if they release and update.

True, but if I'm going to be investing that much money, I'd prefer to have the best on offer and if it means waiting a few more weeks for it then I'm happy to do that.

I'd be gutted if they come out with a super duper version in January for the same price.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I am not so sure that an update is due any day now. The 30" Cinema display has some of the best specs on the market today: 400 nit brightness, 700:1 contrast ratio - these are excellent and are industry leading in that size. Plus it comes with USB and Firewire hubs built in. In the 30" size, the Apple display may be one of the best out there. Doesn't sound like a product in need of short term improving... AND it is in a very uncrowded market, so competitive pressure won't drive it too hard.

In summary, buy now, enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you're concerned with cost, you should check out Dell's 30". It's MUCH less and has the same specs, and in my opinion it looks better too (smaller and black frame). I'm sure purists will argue that the Apple is somewhat better, but at close to half the cost, it's not that much better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|
but is APPLE! im a fanboy :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.