Problem with Parallels-Can't see Whole Screen

Reaction score
I set up Parallels with Windows XP yesterday and am amazed how well it works. Here is my problem. It was working fine and at times I'd use it as a window, other times as a full screen. Well now for some reason when not in full screen the window doesn't show up right. Well I can move it from left to right across the screen to see all but I can have the window all the way at the top of the screen but yet you can't see the bottom so for example I can't even go low enough to see the taskbar and the start menu so obviously it's not even useful in windowed mode. To add to that, over at the right side of the screen I dont have any of the parallels icons anymore, icons for things such as full screen, etc. They are all gone. I have no clue how this happened. How can I get out of this without reinstalling parallels?

OP
M
Reaction score
Well at the top there is a pull down menu that is for installing Parallel Tools. I clicked on it and it prompted me to uninstall it so I assume it's installed but how do I get into Parallel Tools? I did finally get the icons back on the right side of the screen but still I can't change the screen size.

Reaction score
I don't think you can change the window size without changing your screen resolution within Parallels. I could be wrong.

Once I installed "Tools" Parallels started automatically optimizing my screen resolution when switching back and forth to full screen. Now I just use the keyboard shortcuts to switch modes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Sometimes you need to run through the Parallels Tools installer a couple times before it fully takes.

Once you have it installed, it will show the screen properly, as capt. says above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.