Lowering an external HDD partition size?

Reaction score
I formatted my HDD to have 100gb for Windows on FAT32 and the rest to have on my Apple partition to about 130gb.

I now however don't have as much need for my Windows partition as I thought, and would like to lower the Windows partition and put the spare gb's onto the Apple partition.

Is this possible without having to wipe both partitions, as I have data on both of them?

Cheers
Liam

Reaction score
Did a quick Google and came up with this:

Users can't currently create additional partitions, or change partition sizes after it has been set. The only option Boot Camp allows is to restore the disk back to one single Mac partition. It does this by deleting the Windows partition and expanding the Mac partition to the full size of the drive.

Also, did you know there's a Boot Camp 1.1.2 Beta out , don't know how long it's been out for though so you already may have it....

If you're using Parallels and want to adjust the partitions:

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=1481

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi pulse, I'm not using bootcamp. Just my mac.

I have everything saved on a windows partition (and about 20gb more) from my laptop before I sold it just incase I need(ed) it, but I'm not using Windows at all so would of liked to have put that spare 20gb onto the apple partition instead.

I might just copy everything to my iMac and reset the partitions and copy everything over again.

Thanks for your help

=)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.