iMac firmware update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I was told to install a firmware update for Intel iMacs yesterday. It said it was to fix an issue where they sometimes freeze when they've been asleep.

I've never had that problem and lo and behold, when I put my Mac to sleep last night everything was frozen when the screen came back on this morning.

Grrrrrr.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20in C2D iMac, base model. 30gb Video iPod.
I had issues as a result of the update also. Clearing the EFI sorted it out, so I recommend trying that.

OP
Alexis
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Luckily it's been fine the last two nights. Maybe just a one-off wobble then!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20in C2D iMac, base model. 30gb Video iPod.
My problem is back. I think its related to my usb wireless key (which I use because the airport in the c2d imac's are absolutely rubbish). If thats not connected, I don't get problems. I never got issues before the update though, which really annoys me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20", 1GB RAM
I had this problem very recently and had a case opened with Apple. My computer would either not go to sleep completely (screen would go off) or when it did try to go to sleep, it would wake back up and give the Restart Error Message.

On the second attempt, it was determined that my Belkin 7-port USB hub was the cause the problem. Sure enough, with the hub disconnected the computer would go to sleep and wake up with no problems. As soon as I reconnected the hub, the problem returned.

I just got back home today, turned on my iMac and there was a new firmware update waiting for me to resolve a sleep and power issue. Coinsidence???

Anyone got a good recommendation on a USB hub for an iMac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.