System Preferences crashes.

Reaction score
Today I attached my MBP to a Viewsonic VX2025wm display panel via DVI.

After connecting the monitor and booting, I opened System Preferences > Display. I configured the upper monitor to 1680 X 1050 and left the MacBook Pro display at 1440 X 900 (of course) The Arrangment has the Viewsonic monitor ABOVE the MacBook (not sur a new MacBook Pro that I have juste if that matters but I'm being descriptive)

The next thing I did was to go into System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver and set a new wallpaper for the viewsonic monitor. The new wallpaper was set with no issue. When I tried to change it to another wallpaper, System Preferences quit. I reopened Desktop & Screen Saver and the moment I clicked on ANYTHING within the window (whether it be an Icon, scrollbar, the edge) System Preferences will immediately quit. I rebooted the system but the problem remains. The wallpaper I set for the Viewsonic monitor is still in place but I have no way of changing it.

I am running 10.4.8

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Many thanks,
Th3 B3av :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.