iMac Intel due2core &install OS DVD

V

vidas666

I have bought iMac Intel due2core &install DVD in Russia, now i do live in Sweden permanently:doctor: , when i moved to Sweden i have forgot my install OS DVD-CD. Here in Sweden i have contacted Mac officials but they say that they can find my custom number on My Name. I don't know what i can do about that, my imac is down and Mac -service is really tough. I when to the store I've bought a Tiger 10.4.6 , after someone game a hint that i can boot it on new-intel type processor, in fact when on starting status when i push C key disk wont boot up i get only picture folder with question mark ? Seem to me that new intel processor wont boot that Tiger 10.4.6 -black box DVD even when it has Universal banderies.
Please would you give me a competent hint what i can do about it, is there anyway that i can boot another MacOsX install disk ???
Please I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed that Mac alive soon! My Music Studio down with it too!!!!!!:doctor: :mad: :mad: :doctor:

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
With the install media in the drive you did reboot the system and hold down the c key will the system booted right?

I tend to hold the key down until I see something on the screen other than the gray start screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Why do you need it? What have you done to need a reinstall?

OP
V

vidas666

iMacs' HD crashed permanently when the power line went off in whole house, at that moment iMac was fully rendering audio-video files. So i need it to get a new HD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Nasty. You might not have the Intel version of OS X. You might be best looking on ebay.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.