Safe screen wipes for MBP

Reaction score
Whats a reliable screenwipe to use for MBPs. I currently used kleen & dry by read right and the cloth is might be too wet for the screen. Any suggestions would be helpful thx.

T

todd51

Dunno, I'm still trying to find some decent ones for mine that aren't too pricey.

Reaction score
This is taken from the Apple website::

Cleaning Your MacBook Pro Display
Follow these general rules when cleaning the screen.
Shut down your MacBook Pro, detach the power adapter, and remove the battery.
Dampen a clean, soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen.

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/care/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 GHz Macbook Pro, 1.5 GB RAM.....1.83 GHz Macbook 1 GB RAM
i got some wipes from wal-mart.....cant remember the name but they were really cheap, but work great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I bought one of these tonight at CompUSA for $7.99: 3M Microfiber Electronics Cloth. Seems good enough, plus it's reuseable and machine washable. The directions say you can use it dry or slightly damp. Handy to keep in the laptop bag.

R

rjt1000

Cheap, safe and effective:

• Take sheet of Bounty paper towel off roll
• Wet completely with lukewarm water--nothing else
• Squeeze out thoroughly until no more water drips out
• Examine screen and blow off any grit if present
• Open damp paper towel and use to gently wipe screen
• Let air dry
• After cleaning screen, use the damp paper towel to gently wipe down keyboard, wristrests and trackpad.

Other advice:

• Keep a sheet of plain white printer paper between keyboard and screen when closed to prevent transfer of anything from keyboard
• Don't eat or drink while using your laptop

I have been doing this for years: through PowerBook 180, PowerBook 1400c, Pismo and now PB G4 12 1.33. My screens have always stayed in mint condition.

Enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
dont use anything with chemicals in it.. alcohol etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Avoid anything with alcohol in it, I use Klear Screen, Apple's officially recommended solution (all Apple stores carry it) and I dust my screen with one of RadTech's screen protectors (which I put on the keyboard before closing the lid).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.