Weird Issue

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I'm having a bit of a weird issue with my MacBook; whenever I unplug the laptop from the charger, it will turn completely off, and won't turn on until I put the charger back on. Also, where the battery life meter is in the main screen, it has an X in it. Does this mean that my battery is no good anymore, or what?

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
have you tried reseating the battery? (pulling it and reconnecting it with the power disconnected)

try that, and then hook the power back up.

also, does the light on the power connection show orange or green?
if you hit the button on the battery do any of the lights next to it light?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook, Black 5G 60gig IPOD
either the connection to the battery is bad or the battery is dead (unchargable).

if anything take it to an apple store.

D

docss26

i had the same problem when i first got my macbook. when i took it in to the apple store they told me that there was a problem with the heat sink and they were going to replace it. Since it was within the return policy i just exchanged it for a new macbook and its worked perfect.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm going to go for sure up to the Apple Store, but not until the Thanksgiving holiday is over. Assuming they give me a new MacBook, will they transfer all of my information from the existing harddrive to the new one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.