iPod video convertor OS 10.2.8

S

Sporanzo

Hi there, I have an old iMac which is currently running on system 10.2.8, for the near future that will be the case as I cannot afford to update to 10.4 or beyond. This is probably as I blew much of my last wage packet on a lovely 30gb iPod!

Anyway, I have been trying to find a piece of video conversion software I can use on my Mac but they all seem to be for 10.3 at the very earliest. ffmpegX will not work for me for some reason (I have the right version ofr 10.2, but when I run it and follow the instructions the menus it reckons should be there aren't! There is no option for iPod or HD264 as it says there should be).

Does anyone know of some software I can get (freeware please, I refer you to my first paragraph re. money!) that will work and is still out there available for my opperating system?

OP
S

Sporanzo

Oh, by the way, I'm talking Mpeg and AVI to MP4, not coverting DVDs (Which is bad and wrong anyway!). I have lots of AVI files from my digital camera I'd love to put on it, also Mpegs of movies I've made over the years.

Reaction score
Yeah there is a iPod video converter, but i dont know if it will work on 10.2.8 but this converter is awesome. It's also free, it's called iSquint. I used it and it takes only about 15-20 minutes to convert a full movie and it gives options to automatically add to iTunes. Converts the video to .mp4 format. Download it here: http://www.isquint.org/

OP
S

Sporanzo

Thanks, but that's one of many I've tried that won't work on my OS. Guess I'm gonn ahave to bite the bullet and upgrade!

Reaction score
I would recommend upgrading if at all possible, otherwise an attempt at iSquint would be your best bet, it is the best program that I have encountered for this task.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.