Resetting Mouse?!

O

Otis F

I've just set up a Mac Mini 1.66Ghz with OSX 10.4.5 for my folks. However, when I tried to double click folders on the desktop it wouldn't allow me to open them without going into the finder via the dock. I realised this was probably some setting in the system preferences, anyway in the mouse setting I inadvertently switched it to a right click button (the mouse is an old McCally one with one button) and now I can't get the thing to switch back as the click serves as a right click only. When I got home I looked at the settings on my own G5 running 10.4.7 and I don't even get the option of changing the button. Is that because the Mac Mini saw the third party mouse and thought that it may be equipped with a right click button? Is there a way to default the system settings back?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Otis F

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
I'm sure that in System Preferences you should be able to customize the mouse settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.