Time Changes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
Every time I log out or restart my laptop, the time seems to get messed up - and it's not only my Tiger, it's my Windows too. I have to keep changing the time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Reaction score
It may be a battery related issue. If your MacBook is covered by warranty I would suggest you take it in for assessment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
Time...

Yeah, I have the same thing on my Mac/Windows Macbook. It most likely is not battery related. The reason I conclude this is because I also had OS X installed on my windows PC. I had the same issues. Every time I rebooted into the other OS, the time was changed.

Is it possible that we don't have the same time zone set on both OS's?

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the same thing on my Mac/Windows Macbook. It most likely is not battery related. The reason I conclude this is because I also had OS X installed on my windows PC. I had the same issues. Every time I rebooted into the other OS, the time was changed.

Is it possible that we don't have the same time zone set on both OS's?

Google the idea of ¨realtimeisuniversal¨ that's how i fixed it on mine, apparently not the best solution but better than it constantly changing, least it stay right now!

basically it's due to the way both OSs store the time and date, definitely not a battery issue. I assume it's brought about because of the use of EFI not BIOS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
basically it's due to the way both OSs store the time and date, definitely not a battery issue. I assume it's brought about because of the use of EFI not BIOS.

That is correct. I just set both to automatically connect to the internet and update the time so it fixes itself pretty quickly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.