Boot Camp - No Internet In Windows

Reaction score
Ok... :(

General problem... I cannot get any internet connect or anything what so ever on windows while in boot camp.

Other issues that came up that could be related...
After installing mac drivers this message came up everytime
"Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation.
consult eindows installer help(msi.chm) or MSDN for more information"

No idea what that means.
All the drivers that have no been install includes:
1. usb human interface device
2. usb device
3. Pci device
4. Pci device
5. Unknown
6. Ethernet Controller
7. Ethernet Controller

If anyone knows the answer to this problem that would be wonderful. I searched all over apple.com for answers but found none. Thanks for taking the time to look on this.

Running a MacBook Pro 15" - 2.16ghz intel duo/2gb ram/120 gb hd

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I hate to say it but i would redo the boot camp assistant and Mac drivers CD and start fresh. OR at the very least try to re burn the Mac drivers CD to a different brand CD-R. Try not to use a CD-RW.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yea i already reburned the cd and tried that, but no change. If noone comes up with an answer by the end of the day then i will do what you suggest. Would i have to reformat my hd? or just delete the partition and then create another one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Yea i already reburned the cd and tried that, but no change. If noone comes up with an answer by the end of the day then i will do what you suggest. Would i have to reformat my hd? or just delete the partition and then create another one?

Only delete the partition. Run the Boot Camp Assistant again and tell it you want to remove the XP partition. The run it again and tell it you want to create the partition.

Also, make sure you are using a good CD of Windows XP w/SP2. I've installed XP a few times on my wifes Macbook and my iMac with no errors. If it's giving you the above error its seems to me that its more of an XP OS error than anything else. Unfortunately the error you are getting seems to be with the Windows Installer. With windows xp its built into the OS. Whereas with 2000 you could uninstall and re install the windows installer program. In fact when XP has issues with it Microsoft tells you to A) Go back to a restore point when it worked or B)Re install windows xp.

Let me know if i can be of any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
That was the error I got when trying to use the drivers cd in Vista. I had to extract the driver information from the cd to the hard drive then search for the drivers. Alternatively, before the installation rolls back load up device manager and do a search under each device. It will find the drivers and install them.

To extract run d:\install.exe /v/a
It should then prompt for a directory to place the drivers. Note that d: in your cd drive and install.exe is name of file. The /v/a need to be small letters.

hth

Ad

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for all the information and help.
I ended up going to compusa and purchasing windows xp sp2 full...
That worked right off the bat.
Thanks for everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
That's funny, because the first thing Windows did when I tried to install it under Parallels was steal the network card.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.