Hooking-up Dual Monitors

P

Powsplat

I recently got a G5 for FCP and want to hook-up two monitors.

I'd love to use the monitors I already have around. Can my second monitor be a VGA type? I'm using the DVI to VGA adapter Apple supplied for my primary display. Is there an adapter that lets me connect a VGA monitor to the ADC port? Looking at the manual, it seems that Apple really wants me to buy their over-priced flat-panel display.

OP
W

Wapa18

Powsplat said:
I recently got a G5 for FCP and want to hook-up two monitors.

I'd love to use the monitors I already have around. Can my second monitor be a VGA type? I'm using the DVI to VGA adapter Apple supplied for my primary display. Is there an adapter that lets me connect a VGA monitor to the ADC port? Looking at the manual, it seems that Apple really wants me to buy their over-priced flat-panel display.

i'm pretty sure there's an ADC to DVI adapter, and then you could just get another DVI to VGA adapter. it might be a little pricey, but it'll definitely be a lot cheaper than buying an apple display.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.