disc rejection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD
well, i've had my macbook for about a month now.

occasionally i will insert a disc in the drive, only to have it pop out a few seconds later.

my guess with audio CDs is that it has something to do with copyright protection (please correct me if i'm wrong), but i just encountered the problem with a program disk.

i want to install protools on the macbook, but when i put the disk in it is immediately rejected every time.

help?

Reaction score
well, i've had my macbook for about a month now.

occasionally i will insert a disc in the drive, only to have it pop out a few seconds later.

my guess with audio CDs is that it has something to do with copyright protection (please correct me if i'm wrong), but i just encountered the problem with a program disk.

i want to install protools on the macbook, but when i put the disk in it is immediately rejected every time.

help?

If the ProTools disc is the authorised one and I'm not making any assumptions here, I would take your MacBook back to your nearest AppleStore, or if you live too far from one, give Apple a call and tell them you want the issue addressed, ie: a new drive.

OP
Loricybin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black 13 in. MacBook, 2 GHz CPU, 2G RAM, 100GB HD
yeah i live a few blocks from one actually.

but has anyone encountered this problem before?
(and yes, it is the official, authorized, and recently purchased copy of the disk)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.