Strange iPod playback problem

H

h0wstrange

This is pretty weird.. When I play anything on my ipod (20 gb click wheel), it doesn't play any audio, just skips through every song on the album one by one until it gets to the end of the album/playlist. In other words, I press play and it goes from track 1 to track 2 to 3 etc until there are no more songs, and never plays any audio. I was thinking it was a physical problem with my next track button, but it still does it even if the ipod is on hold. Anyone ever had this problem?

Reaction score
I could be wrong but iTunes does the same thing for me if the link to the original song file is broken due to you relocating the original file.

Could be you only have broken links on your iPod with all your songs needing to be reloaded back onto your iPod....

Best thing to do is connect it to your Mac or Pc and have a look at the available space on the iPod to determing what exactly is on it.....

Reaction score
Yeah I used to always get that with my old iPod, it used to just fix itself but after a long time. It's really annoying. Have you dropped it at all? Could be why...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.