XP keeps restarting?

Reaction score
Hi, I have this problem when I switch to XP on my MBP. Everytime I switch over to Xp from OSX, or when i turn on the Laptop for the first time and go into XP, once everything is loaded it restarts...so then when i go into it again, it now works. This is really annoying, why doesn't it load properly for the first time?

Reaction score
What version of BootCamp are you using?

I had some similar problems with the original batch of drivers... with the newer releases; I installed the updated drivers and haven't had any trouble since.

OP
D
Reaction score
I'm just downloading version 1.2 now...How can I install 1.2 though? won't this mean ill have to reinstall XP all over again. Or should I just burn the drivers disk and install that in XP?

OP
D
Reaction score
right i'm raising this issue again because it is a problem that is persisting...does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 1Gb RAM, 100GBHD, 2 Perfoma636CD, Apple, Apple IIe, + 2 PC, XP Pro 64bit, & ThinkPad
XP keeps restarting?
That's what it supposed to do. Don't worry. That is the way MS made it.

Reaction score
Open Control Panel...System...Advanced tab...startup & recovery box...settings button, and take the check out of Automatically restart box. Then check the Write a system event, and the Admin alert boxes.
This will force a BSOD on the next crash, it might tell you the problem

OP
D
Reaction score
right i tried that but it stlll stupidly keeps restarting. After about 10 goes XP decides to load properly...is anyone else experiencing this?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.