• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

xbox or ps2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Neither...Got my Xbox 360 to keep me happy!

Reaction score
i have always been a fan of the xbox, and now that i have the xbox360 nothing comes close to it.
i think the wii is garbage. stupid cotroller

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
what about ps3 or wii

Well the Wii is a possibility for me as I like to check things out before I slag them. I also would get a PS3 but the cost is too much for me to "balance" so I'll have to give it a miss...So for the time being I'm sticking with my Xbox 360 and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to appropriate forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Xbox for sure.. I've seen so many PS2's breakdown.. My nephew is on his 7th I beleive... I own both the original and the 360.. Amazing systems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
The only good Sony game system is the PSP for obvious reasons. Killzone rules... Can't forget LoCoRoCo hehe..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
i own xbox, ps2, xbox360 and even gamecube and a dreamcast.

Ps2 is the one i play the most because it has most of the game types i love.

I am a huge fan of JRPGs, and the ps2 delivers on that front more than any other console.. Also i like platformers and action/adventures.

I mostly enjoy japanese based games for the story, depth, gameplay and artistic style they give me.

If you are a fan of first person shooters, xbox is the way to go. But most of the games that come on the xbox are ported to the ps2 as wel.. So when you look at exclusives, ps2 has more over the xbox

devil may cry, onimusha, final fantasy series, metal gear solid series (one of my fav) etc.

On the topic of wii and ps3, i would go for the ps3 (might get wii later down the line)

it's only because i like the hardcore gaming the xbox360 and ps3 gives me. One both are high def games with gorgeous visuals. and i want to play that on the high def tvs. Wii indeed is innovative but i can't see myself whacking my arm for hrs at a game.

Hardcore gamers should go for the xbox360 or ps3. it's online capabilities are great, especially xbox360s..nothing like playing burnout takedown or ghost recon online with a headset and taking out real players all over the world

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
PS Mobile, PS2 Slim Line PSP and PS3 at my house, need I say more :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
the wii is stupid
The Wii is so awesome. At least Nintendo took the iniative to innovate instead of just update. Everyone likes new games and better graphics. That's about all the PS3 and 360 offer. The Wii on the other hand has the sweet new control (which is really cool to use) can play Gamecube games (in a slot loading drive???), and has all sorts of other sweet options. Yeah, the graphics aren't as good, but to be honest, I really don't care.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I like XBox and PS2 and I own both of them... says so right there in my sig...:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
The only good Sony game system is the PSP for obvious reasons. Killzone rules... Can't forget LoCoRoCo hehe..

serious? Haven't played Locoroco, but I hear it's good. I consider the PSP a wannabe iPod. Expensive, with poor sales, majority of the games are poor, prone to dead pixels, poor battery life and so on. Sales are pretty poor I think, and nobody buys those PSP movies. The games are pretty much the same as PS2 games, so it's better value to play them on a nice TV. Having said that PS2 has some great RPG's. If I could get my hands on some Japanese explusive games, I'd like it more.

At the moment, I like my xbox more for some of the stealth, FPS and racing games. Overall, I prefer my GC for the better multiplayer games that keep me coming back.

Jeff, I agree with you completely. Graphics don't make the game. They make it look nice, but don't make it fun or lasting. I'm only interested in 2 360 games (one available on xbox) and none of the PS3 titles. From the beginning of this next-gen war, my whole point has been; how much longer will we be expected to play with dual analog control sticks? Wireless was a tiny step forward, but Nintendo dared to make the bold move. If people think the Wii is stupid, then they're all too quickly seduced by flashy graphics and can't really see beyond that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I vote sega! sonic the hedge hog is the bomb! :p~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'08 Mac Pro, 10GB RAM, Mercury SSD, 3x WD HDDs, Radeon 5770
I follow the games more than the systems. If I need a system to play the games I want to play I'll pick it up. As for PS2's breaking down, I did have one that broke, but my Xbox nearly caught fire, which is worse.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.