Size of videos on iPod Video?

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am thinking of getting a 30GB Video iPod for Christmas. I was wondering what it the size of videos that are around 30 minutes long? Also, is it easy to convert video from DVD to iPod compatible format?

Thanks a lot,

Jack

Reaction score
im not exactly sure how big a 30 min video file is, depends on the type of video file but its probly around 250-300mb. use handbrake to rip a DVD to mpeg format which is compatiable on ipod VERY EASY! refer to this for a low down http://howto.diveintomark.org/ipod-dvd-ripping-guide/. also use mactheripper to rip a DVD to your hard drive and use toast 7 titanium to burn the vob file so you can watch it on ur dvd player! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
20 mins is about 175megs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5Ghz, 768Mb RAM, 80gb hard drive-imac G4-ipod touch 32Gb 3g-Macbook 2.4ghz, 2BG RAM
20 mins is about 175megs.
Yep. That's about right. One of my DVD to ipod files are about 21 mins. long weighing in at 93mb.
Another is just over 2 hours long at 784mb. All done using Handbrake. You should be able to fit a good few DVD on you 30gb ipod.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.