• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

so... where did you buy your mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core solo Mac mini 1.5GHz, Headless Powerbook G4 500MHz
I picked up my Mac Mini at Compusmart in Moncton. And my iBook from eBay.
.::.Colton.::.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
I got mine with student discount off of the UK Apple online store.
apple.com/uk/thestore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Got mine with student discount at the Apple store in Indianapolis, IN. I just got accepted to school and didn't have an ID, but the sales person was cool and I just had to show that I could log in to the school's email service.

I got a 15" MBP C2D, wireless mighty mouse, wireless keyboard and incase sleeve. The salespeople were cool. I think it helped that they didn't work on commission and didn't try to push a lot of junk on me I wasn't looking for. The downside to non-commission is lazy sales people like someone else mentioned, but everyone at the store I went to were great.

Reaction score
I went to my school's bookstore, and placed an order on my mini. Only 2 problems occurred with the order, neither of which they could control: 1) if I didn't upgrade anything in it, Apple would force 4 of them on the store, so I upped the RAM (Had originally planned to purchase it third-party); 2) Customs held it for about 8 days. God, I always hate customs...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Apple Store in Bergen, Norway. Would have been cheaper online, methinks, but being really impatient, I got it there. And it was kinda cool to walk across town with a Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Ordered a Macbook Pro refurb from the online Apple UK sotre on Wednesday evening. I was using it by Friday lunchtime. I've used the online Apple store several times and have found the service to be second-to-none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3|800Mhz|256MB Ram|ComboDrive|30GB HD|
i got my iBook G3 from a guy name ramrad in the alley behind my house. Very affordable I just had to wrestle him naked for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4GB RAM
Always at the Apple Store in the U-District in Seattle, WA. Great store, its a little crowded and understaffed but they're always friendly. They also give you weird looks when you pay for everything in $100 bills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" Macbook Pro Leopard 2.0GB RAM 2.6GHZ Core 2 Duo 250GB HDD
Ordered my Blackbook from Apple Online store with Student Discount. Surprised to notice it ship from China.

S

samoan_ridah

Apple store. Took about 20 minutes for anyone to even ask if I needed help. The first guy who talked to me was one of the guys that does training. Very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. Walked straight to the counter and bought one within 10 minutes.

Going back on Sunday for my first training session (procare). We'll see how that goes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 17'' 1.83 ghz 512 mb ram
My mother bought me a imac at the apple store in south hills village using a teacher discount

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2.0 intel duo, 1gig ram
the apple store in memorial city mall Hoston, TX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'11 Macbook Pro i5 2.3 GHZ, 4GB, 10.10.4
My friend had an iBook and wanted to trade for a PC. So, we did. Then soomething happened to that one, so traded for this one, which is slightly older.

Reaction score
Got all of mine on ebay lol. 2 Quicksilvers, an imac g4, an ibook g3 and an imac g3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
8GB iPhone, MacBook Pro (15",2.33 C2D), MacBook (2.0 C2D), 4 iPods (20GB, Mini, Nano, Shuffle)
I bought my MacBook Pro at apple.com and my wife's MacBook at the Apple Store in Cincinnati, Ohio. Ahhh...the Apple Store. They have so much of my money now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've bought all my Macs either at Apple.com or from the Cleveland Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini g4 1.42mz 80gig hd superdrive bluetooth and airport + ibook 12" g4 800mhz
bought my iBook at PC World - for the sake of god, whatw was i thinking - and i bought my Mac Mini and monitor at computerwarehouse.co.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2ghz Core 2 Duo Imac 1GB ram Superdrive
Both my new 17" core 2 iMac and my old 20" G5 iMac from CompUSA

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.