Program Help

C

Clokwise

ok i need some help. I am curious if such a program even exists if not i curious if someone might be nice enough to help me in making it or at least tell me how i know NOTHING about writing programs with apple, or anything for that matter. I am looking for a program that will stay docked at the top or bottom of my screen, that displays random information that i specifiy in it and changes on certain time intervals. I spend a lot of time at my computer and think this would be a great way to help me learn some things for some of my classes. If anyone has any help with this please let me know, ive searched and searched i cant find anything. thanx

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
this sounded pretty intriguing.

didn't know anything off the top of my head...
did a google search - actually a few using works like "mac, random, generator, quote, text, ticker" and some others. didn't find much but what i did find seemed like it would require moderate programming skills.

one thought i did have is that maybe there's a free program or widget on apple.com that could do this. i'm off to look there next...

OP
C

Clokwise

yeah i had found some random quote generators but nothing like you said that would let me change what i wanted it to say. But i appreciate your guys help so far, i will check out your suggestions. If you have any other ideas, please drop me a line. Ive been looking for something for a bit and couldnt find anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.