Firefox and saving passwords (need suggestions on saving them)

J

JuniorNA

Hey guys,

Does anyone know why or how firefox chooses its sites to save passwords for you?

Is there a rhyme or reason?

8 out of 10 sites I login to, firefox asks if i'd like to save a password. but the other 20% of the sites i go to, it doesnt even come up to save the password.

Is there a reason for this? Maybe the SSL or HTTPS encryption, and firefox is not allowed to save the password because the site or login is encrypted or protected?

For example, when i to my online credit card, firefox saves it...but when I go to yahoo mail, and put in my password...firefox does not come up and ask to save my password.

Kinda weird, both have enhanced encryption, but it doesnt ask for me to save on yahoo.

Is there a shortcut, or buttons I can hit when entering my password so firefox knows I want it to be saved?

It's getting really annoying, and I miss my roboform for my windows machine.

any help or suggestions would be great.

Reaction score
It depends on how the website author wrote the html. They can disallow auto logins and autofill using html code.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Snow. 500 MHz DV Special Edition OS X.3.9 640 RAM 130GB
this can be done in FireFox Prefs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
One thing may be that you could have already selected "not for this site" when prompted the first time to save the password.

Reaction score
There is a script you can put in greasemonkey to override so you can save a yahoo password and log in, in opera all you do is hit the wand and log in automatically.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.