iPhoto and Aperture

A

(a)ndy

This may sound like a daft question but as I am just migrating to the Mac and own both iPhoto and Aperture I don't know the right option.

When I have both iPhoto and Aperture installed should I use both programs or just Aperture?

Could it be that I put my 'snaps' in iPhoto but any professional projects in Aperture, or should I stick everything in Aperture?

I am unsure of the advantages and disadvantages of using both or just Aperture.

I have an enormous photo library on my PC that is stored in many folders and is indexed using Adobe Photoshop Album. Ideally I want to transfer all of my photos to the Mac and keep the indexing in iPhoto or Aperture. I guess that I may end up having to write a utility to do this if one doesn't already exist because I don't want to have to reindex several thousand photos.

Can any forum members point me in the right direction here?

Many thanks

Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you are just using the programs for editing there is nothing in iPhoto that you can't do in Aperture. There is really no need to use iPhoto for anything with Aperture

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.