Hiding Finder when running Classic Apps

G

gswhite

I am new to the MAC so I am learning fast so please don't shoot me for asking probably a very simple question.

Is there a way to hide the top finder bar whilst running Classic applications that run in full screen mode? I have some childrens games which are Classic only, which run fine. However, when I run them there is a multi-colored bar at the top of the screen.

At first I thoight it was the game, but when I click on the top multicolored bar the finder bar appears. I can only presume that when the classic app runs it can not run or operate over the finder top bar? I have also noticed that as the application can't run over the top of the finder bar it shifts the application down slightly and you loose th bottom.

So really 2 questions, as I do not have a dual boot system, can I run classic as a complete desktop so this problem goes away? If not, is there a way to hide the top finder bar so that the classic applications run and work as they should?

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.