Trouble

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
ok, I'm going to cut to the chase now.....

I was going to get a 20" iMac 1GB Ram, 160 GB HD, bluetooth, etc....

Now I am questioning whether that is a good choice... I have heard people saying that the GeForce 5200 isnt any good, and there isnt any expandibility.......

So my main question is shoudl a get a 1.6 GHz G5 (same specs with a radeon 9600 pro) with a 20" cinema display..... or the iMac..

I really like the iMac, ($1,000 less and much cooler looking) but I want this next computer to last about 4 years......

Which should I Get???

(BTW I'm getting this in mid-March ( :p )

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would get the dual 1.8 or 2.0 G5 if you can afford it. You would get longer life, due to the fact that the G5 chip is Apple latest processor. Secondly, it also depends on what you are going to do with the hardware. The use of the hardware should be the deciding factor. You can easily get 4 or 5 years out of any Apple problem. I have a Macf SE30 which I got in 90, which still runs fine today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
rman said:
I would get the dual 1.8 or 2.0 G5 if you can afford it. You would get longer life, due to the fact that the G5 chip is Apple latest processor. Secondly, it also depends on what you are going to do with the hardware. The use of the hardware should be the deciding factor. You can easily get 4 or 5 years out of any Apple problem. I have a Macf SE30 which I got in 90, which still runs fine today.

I have a Mac SE/30 too and it is operating as well as it did when it was new. I am about to purchase my first "Modern" mac on Tuesday when I drop by the Orlando Apple Store for my 17" Powerbook.

I have been a PC user since DOS appeared (Has TRS-80s before that) and used Apple ]['s in school. Got the Mac SE a few weeks ago and like to play with it.

I have a G5 dual monitor system on my desk at work alongside a PC. PC is needed for business applications not available on the Mac but the Mac does all the work in Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash MX. I didn't like Macs until OS X came out. Now I can't get enough! I am buying a used G4 desktop in a week or so. The Macs will be taking the place of a PC desktop, PC server and 2 PC laptops. My wife even got an iPod and put the Apple sticker on the back of the SUV.

My name is Jerry and I am a MacAddict!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Decided

Well I finally decided.....I'm going with the beautiful 20" iMac, 1GB Ram, Bluetooth, Apple Care,etc....

I'm purchasing this is March, so when it comes I'll post some pics!

Wish Me Luck! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
StarManta said:
They have Apple sticker for cars? SWEET!

*goes to eBay*

When you purchase a G5 (maybe others) in the instruction/CD-ROM pack are a couple of solid white Apple stickers.

Perhaps they are availble for sale somewhere?

Jerry

H

hokiethang

GLJones said:
When you purchase a G5 (maybe others) in the instruction/CD-ROM pack are a couple of solid white Apple stickers.

Perhaps they are availble for sale somewhere?

Jerry

I got mine with my powerbook. Actually if I remember correctly the little sheet had 2 of them, one went on my vehicle and the other one is stored safely away until I get my new vehicle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.