60gb ipod not loading via firewire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hi, and apologies if this has been answered before - I searched and couldn't find it - I have just bought a second hand 60gb iPod - model no.M9830B, but it won't sync through Firewire, despite it's specs saying it will!
I was wondering if the problem lies with the pod saying it's format is windows? Or if it is something else that is stopping it. It loaded songs from iTunes via USB ok (16 Hours!no USB 2!).
Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
What error are you getting (if any)?

Later model iPods won't sync through Firewire (grrr), but your model (4G Photo) should.

Perhaps you should try restoring the iPod with the latest firmware, or at least check the cable/port you're using.

OP
Kevriano
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What error are you getting (if any)?

Later model iPods won't sync through Firewire (grrr), but your model (4G Photo) should.

Perhaps you should try restoring the iPod with the latest firmware, or at least check the cable/port you're using.

I'm not getting any error code/message. The pod is charging through the Firewire, but it is not showing at all in iTunes or on my desktop.I agree about the GRR! I was going to buy a brand new pod - but it won't work on my G4!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.