bootcamp Installation Troubles

Reaction score
I've installed the Bootcamp assistant thing, but I dont know where to go from there :( Can anyone help please!

Thanks!!

Jimmy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
First make sure you have a Windows XP SP2 CD. When you click on the bootcamp assistance program it will ask you to partition your hard drive. Using the slide bar let the computer know how much room you want to give windows. When you are done it will ask you to create a Mac CD that contains the drivers for windows. It will then tell you to put in the windows XP CD and reboot. From thier make sure to install windows on the C: partition (NOTHING ELSE!).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 ghz 1.25 RAM 60 GB
Also, if you have to repair the disk - which is the problem I ran into, you have to use the install CD that came with your macbook and run disk utilities from there. If you try to use disk utilities from your HD, it will probably be greyed out. That's just from my experience.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.33Ghz Core 2 Duo, 7600GT 256mb, 250GB HD, 1GB RAM
I think you mean finding the Assistant, I didnt know where to find it either at first. You need to go to Applications > Utilities then click the Boot Camp Assistant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.