Quicken

H

Harper7

Just a quick question....should Quicken come installed on all iMacs? My iMac purchased in July has it, but my Dad's (purchased last week) does not appear to.

Reaction score
No idea what it is, but I don't have it either and I bought my machine in September...

Jem

Reaction score
Quicken is a money / budgeting program and doesn't come as standard on any Mac as far as I know. It's a full commercial package and must be bought.

Maybe there was some kind of promotion? I bought my iMac around the same time and there was no mention of it.

Reaction score
I ordered my mac mini at the end of June and it came with Quicken (was listed on the specs sheet at the on-line Apple store). It's no longer listed, so it appears to be no longer a freebie. Perhaps that's because Quicken 2007 for Mac is out (the free version was Quicken 2006) and Intuit canceled the deal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83GHz
My MacBook purchased 11/8/06 came with Quicken preinstalled...

Jem

Reaction score
Hmmmm ok.... is it a regional offer perhaps? I'm in the UK, perhaps we don't have those offers here, where are you Harper7?

Reaction score
The Mac Mini used to have it as part of the deal, but now it isn't. Maybe Apple rotates the extra free software between different computers to promote their sales of that particular system. Just guessing, though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" Imac, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HD.
I purchased an iMac 11/18/06, no Quicken!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.