Help - Pc emulator?

J

Jaaaack

Hey, i have been looking for a (free?) PC emulator so that i can run a program ( Pro/desktop ) which is used in one of my classes at school which are all on PCs. The teacher handed us out with CDs to go and put on our computers, and this is when i had some trouble as i have a mac at home..

So far, i've found a free emulator called 'Q' but being new to this, I'm pretty much clueless regarding how it works, how to get the cd(with the program installer..thing?) running on the emulator.

Any help would be great thanks.

Jack :)

Reaction score
Parallels is free for 15 days.

Early next month, VMware Fusion will be available in a public beta for free.

Until then, Bootcamp is your only choice.

Reaction score
Not quite so, there is also Cross Over which is based on Wine from the Linux world i believe. It might possibly work, you would have to try it to be sure. More than likely though Boot Camp would be the best bet.

Reaction score
Hey, i have been looking for a (free?) PC emulator so that i can run a program ( Pro/desktop ) which is used in one of my classes at school which are all on PCs. The teacher handed us out with CDs to go and put on our computers, and this is when i had some trouble as i have a mac at home..

So far, i've found a free emulator called 'Q' but being new to this, I'm pretty much clueless regarding how it works, how to get the cd(with the program installer..thing?) running on the emulator.

Any help would be great thanks.

Jack :)

G'day Jack,

How about posting your Mac specs so we can work through this.

OP
J

Jaaaack

Alright thanks guys, I think bootcamp is for intel macs though? I have an Emac btw, i should have said that at the start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Alright thanks guys, I think bootcamp is for intel macs though? I have an Emac btw, i should have said that at the start.
You are correct. BootCamp and Parallels are for Intel Macs only.
Your best options would be Virtual PC or Q.

OP
J

Jaaaack

hmm, any advice how to use Q then? I have the application setup( the windows program i need to use ) on a cd, and im confused what i should do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.