Can't watch video (like youtube) on imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Hi!
My girlfriend have a :
iMac
CPU Type: PowerPC 750 (32.2)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 400 MHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB
Memory: 512 MB
Bus Speed: 100 MHz
And when she try to watch a video on youtube or other site, the movie is Jerky. Is it a way to solve this problem?
Thanks

Reaction score
Have you tried using a different browser?

Reaction score
Also, are you sure she is letting the video load enough? If the video hasn't fully buffered and she is trying to watch it then it is going to be jumpy and stop and start. Is her connection quick enough?

OP
bellastrada
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
Thanks Liam, but I think it'S not a browser problem and for the connection.. no problem there either. Maybe it's a bad preference in quicktime or flash...

BTW one other of my friend have the same problem with a 300mhz imac...maybe it's the video card that is not fast enough???

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks Liam, but I think it'S not a browser problem and for the connection.. no problem there either. Maybe it's a bad preference in quicktime or flash...

BTW one other of my friend have the same problem with a 300mhz imac...maybe it's the video card that is not fast enough???

It's a combonation of the CPU and Video Card. My 333Mhz iMac with 6Megs VRAM jerks very bad on You Tube. So does my Pentium II 300Mhz IBM Thinkpad with XP and 512Megs RAM.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.