White or Silver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
My sister and I ordered identical ibooks on the same day from apple.com We both ordered the 14in, 1ghz, 640 etc... Here is the strange part, one of us recieved a silver one and the other recieved a white one. Anyone know why this would happen? Why would her ibook be silver, and mine white? Is there any difference in these computers other than simple the cosmetic color??? She is in NY and I am in NC so we can't compare. I am really curious about this.

L

lzasitko

iBooks

jaster said:
My sister and I ordered identical ibooks on the same day from apple.com We both ordered the 14in, 1ghz, 640 etc... Here is the strange part, one of us recieved a silver one and the other recieved a white one. Anyone know why this would happen? Why would her ibook be silver, and mine white? Is there any difference in these computers other than simple the cosmetic color??? She is in NY and I am in NC so we can't compare. I am really curious about this.

All I can think is that one is a powerbook (silver) and one an iBook (white). If you click on the apple in the top left corner and select about this mac. Then if you go to more info, under the system profile it will tell you exactly what you have. On the web site Apple has a 12, 15 or 17" powerbook so check the screen size. The 15" is available as a 1ghz. There should be little difference between performance.

Powerbook $1,999.00
15.2-inch TFT Display, 1280x854 resolution, 1GHz PowerPC G4
512K L2 cache, 256MB DDR333 SDRAM, 60GB Ultra ATA/100
ATI Mobility Radeon, 9600 (64MB DDR), Full size keyboard
Gigabit Ethernet, FireWire 400 & 800, AirPort Extreme Ready
DVI & S-Video out

Ibook $1,499.00
1GHz PowerPC G4, 256K L2 cache @ 1GHz, 14-inch TFT Display
1024x768 resolution, 256MB DDR266 SDRAM, 60GB Ultra ATA drive
Combo Drive, ATI Mobility Radeon 9200, 32MB DDR video memory

Powerbook has a higher res screen, faster ddr ram and 64meg video vs 32meg. There are likely other differences but....

Larry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.