Tiger "archive & install" questions

Reaction score
(Yes, I checked out the stickied "archive & install FAQ" and didn't have much luck there.)

I'm currently running 10.3.9 on a G5 and am going to install Tiger in the next couple of days, but have a few questions first. I understand there's an "archive & install" option, but I'm curious as to what that actually archives. In other words, after I archive my current system and install Tiger, will I just be able to go into the Mac HD somewhere and pull the files I want back into their "regular" spots? I'm thinking along the lines of applications currently in Applications, a folder I have on my desktop for website files, etc. Will those be accessible and movable after the install?

Thanks!
m19

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Ive never actually installed a new OS on a mac before but I think it takes all of your files and puts them in a folder called "previous system." You can then go in there and get your stuff, but I would wait until somebody that has done this says what it does before you install the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.