Firefox to Safari

Reaction score
I'm sick of Mozilla Firefox and wanting to go to Safari. Could anyone help out on the following questions?

Does Safari do tabbed browsing? I've looked and it doesn't look it like it? Is there any plugins or anything? I'll stick with Firefox if there is no tabbed browsing available.

Also, does anyone know how hard it would be to get my bookmarks from Firefox to Mozilla?

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry, found it.

Reaction score
Just go to Safari's Import Bookmarks... menu and navigate to your Firefox bookmarks file (usually located at ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxx.default/bookmarks.html).

OP
L
Reaction score
Yeah - did it thanks

WOW - Safari is so much quicker than Firefox

Reaction score
I use Safari as my main browser. It's faster than Firefox, easier to use, and just looks nicer. However, there are some web sites where Safari has problems (for example, logging in to www.punchme.net). If you don't like Firefox, consider using Camino for sites like these.

Reaction score
I switched from Safari to Firefox a couple of month ago and prefer Firefox by a long way. I actually found Firefox quicker too. Guess the newest clean install is going to be quicker to start with. The Firefox extensions are really useful too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I personally don't care much for Firefox....the UI is so, not Mac-like. It just doesn't fit in. It's slow to launch, and it's a giant memory hog.

I keep it around for sites Safari has trouble with, but overall I prefer the sleek Mac-like experience and the speed of Safari.

I might recommend Safari Stand as a free add-on. It provides alot of really nice little features not normally found in Safari.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.