• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

computer knowledge

Reaction score
Macs of course!! :) But, I was curious.... there are so many of you who are SO incredibly knowledgeable on fixing things on the macs. All the programs and even 3rd party programs. How did you guys get there? Self learned or what? There were a couple of you who had helped me get off a deeply inbedded 3rd party program using the unix system. I was just amazed on how much you know!!
So, I want to know how you did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I just use my Mac a lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have been using computers for about 25 years since I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. There was no such thing as Macs or even Windows then, so I learned programming languages and such. I have been using Macs since they came out 20 years ago, so I just learned by years and years of experience.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
Same here. I've been tinckering with PC's since 94'. I just recently got into the Mac but i taught myself, learned from others and just basically did a lot of experimenting. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed. Im my case, years of working with computers starting with the Commodore 64 and later Atari ST, Amiga, Early PC and Early Macs back to the Plus. Pretty much all my hardware knowledge came from fixing computers for myself and friends back from the beginning. I am really better with Hardware than Software but can do both well.

Just lots of hard work and trying to remember it all! :spook:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.