Close Window Transitions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Are there any transitions available for closing a window? The Genie effect only applies to minimising.

Reaction score
Options are Command+W for closing the window but keeping the App running, Command+Q for closing the window and the App, then there's the red circle with the red X which is the same as Command+W.

I have a feeling that this isn't the answer you were looking for...transitions....?? The above methods don't have any bells'n'whistles attached.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
Yeah, I'm an eye candy addict! I'd like the Window to morph or dissolve or something before closing. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Out of the box, it won't do anything like that. I don't know of any third-party apps that might do this either. You could always browse around www.versiontracker.com to see if such a thing exists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
My guess is any such thing would get old fast. When I close something, I want it gone, now, not after some cute animation plays.

The minimize animation serves a purpose, at least (to show you that the window is now located in the Dock.) Even that is too slow for many, so we have the scale effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.