Power saving kicks in when DVD is playing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Core Duo Macbook Pro
I've noticed that if you're watching a fullscreen DVD the power saving settings still kicks in (i.e. it goes to sleep). Is there any way to disable these power saving settings whenever you're running a fullscreen application?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Are you using Apple's DVD Player application? One of the benefits I've found is that it will prevent screen dimming, etc. when a DVD is playing.

The best way to do it is to set up a custom power profile that basically turns off ALL power saving, and quickly switch to it using the power icon in the menu bar.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I noticed the same problem and I am using my MBP out of the box, so it is absolutely the native DVD player. It was a very disappointing first impression of the machine that is supposed to be so user-friendly and intuitive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
that is very odd, i would take a quick browse of dvd.app's preferences and if that doesnt work go and play with your energy settings in system preferences.
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.