Dell 24" vs. 20" LCD

Reaction score
I'm lookng at buying an external LCD for my soon-to-be purchased MBP C2D. First I was looking Apple vs. Dell, but after seeing the price differences, and the better connection options that the Dell offers, I've decided to go dell.

Now, the million dollar question: should I get the 20" for a mere ~$350 or spring for the 24 incher at $750. What confuses me is that for the price of one 24", you can get 2 20 inchers. What's up with that?

Does anyone have experience with either of these models? Right now I'm leaning towards saving the money and going w/ the 20", but I'm still unsure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I'd be inclined to go with the 20" purely on a money aspect, otherwise may you should consider do you really need a 24" Monitor is screen size that crucial or is it just an added bonus?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
In some ways, this should never be a discussion about money, but about the quality of the display's picture. Compare specs and go for the brightest, highest contrast ratio display you can afford. You will not regret it. Personally, after doing just that, I settled on a Viewsonic VP2130b. It is unquestionably the best LCD monitor I have ever used. Key specs: 300 nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 8 ms response time.

M

Macaronic

I am currently using the 24 inch widescreen. It is **** lot brighter than my previous Viewsonic LCD. 500 vs 800.

I heard of some banding problem but I guess I was lucky and did not detect any banding or dead pixel. Grabbed a couple of HDs like HDWMV and Quicktime movies to try out and It is brilliant. You might want to check that the version is at least A2 and not A1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook, Black 5G 60gig IPOD
Be warned that the E207WFP is not just a rehash of the 2007WFP but with less inputs, the E207WFP uses a different type of TFT panel (cheaper to make and not as good quality wise).

I dont know where you are getting your information from. The E207WFP has a faster response time, identical contrast ratio, identical resolution, and no PIP/additional connections.

OP
djlee12
Reaction score
I believe zeta is right. Check engadget, they covered the release of this moniter awhile back. It's basically a budget version of the 2007.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 933 quicksilver (2001) 1.5 gb ram, 300 gig hd. Macbok 2.0 duocore2 1 gb ram 13 inch white 120hd
just get 2 20's and call it a day.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.