msn messenger for mac

T

Toboe

Anyone here uses msn messenger 6.01here?
File transfering is extremely slow even when i had opened the necessary ports.
Anyone having this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
try aMSN. file transfering is still slow but its better than microsofts 1.

if not try adium

OP
T

Toboe

I had already tried aMSN, the transfer speed is fantastic but it doesn't look as good as mac msn messenger.
Has anyone fix the slow transfer rate of mac messenger or is it just me that is having slow transfer?

Reaction score
I don't know of any fixes, or any way to speed up the transfers. I have the same bother. You just have to either put up with it or email people stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I hate Messenger for Mac it's just such a crap application, it's a shame they haven't provide a Windows Live Messenger for Mac with all the trimmings as version 6 is a travesty.

Reaction score
Agreed! I hate it, it's just like using MSN from years ago. The worst thing is all the other IM clients are even worse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15, 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
i love amsn.. i didnt buy a mac to run all ms apps on it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I'm sorry and that point is valid because, so you are saying I should either buy a PC to run MS Software or don't use MS Software on a Mac.

Unfortunately I can't isolate myself when using my Mac, Microsoft have alot of popular Software and I need applications that support the same features as my PC counterpart's otherwise I'd isolate myself as MSN is the most popular IM in the Uk and those Multi-Clients and alternatives are crap and buggy.

Using Adium at the moment and although it's good and very customisable there are alot of errors and problems that arise.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
That's just a ridiculous comment. You do realize that Microsoft is the largest Mac developer outside of Apple itself right? Some of their software is crap, but you know what, so are some Apple apps.

Hating MS just because it's Microsoft is not the best way to think about software. Judge each software app for what it is, not who makes it.

OP
T

Toboe

Ok.. seems like i'm not the only one having this problem?
Anyway how do u change skin for aMSN? the guide is down on their website,
is it possible also to change the cursor when u mouse over to your contact?
Its pretty ugly, that hand cursor :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's just a ridiculous comment. You do realize that Microsoft is the largest Mac developer outside of Apple itself right? Some of their software is crap, but you know what, so are some Apple apps.

Hating MS just because it's Microsoft is not the best way to think about software. Judge each software app for what it is, not who makes it.

so do i.. ive been in the IT industry 16yrs+ but i stand by my comments if i can find a way around something non MS for my mac then i use it.. which is why i have office as IMO theirs nothing better.. but msn is crap on the mac.. amsn is way better.. but on my pc amsn is crap compared to msn live

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
if i can find a way around something non MS for my mac then i use it..

So you would prefer to use an inferrer product than a Microsoft Product?

I understand that you may find a better product than Microsoft's but to purely avoid using them even if they are better than their competitor is just ridiculous.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
pmsl at you lot.. go in the switcher bit and everyone is going on about how crap MS are and in here you all bigging em up.. make up your minds :eek:

perhaps i should just go back to using a pc as mac doesnt have a supperior version of word/excel etc.. even outlook is better than apples effort...

still im not getting into this mac vs MS crap as its very boring.. and youve all gone off the original topic so shame on you!! :eek:P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not bigging them up, I wish they made alot of their products such as Windows Live Messenger on my Mac, but they don't and they do have problems with their products.

However If they do release a good product I 'm not going to use your mentality and not get it purely because MS made it. It should be based on it's own merits like schweb said.

I am a PC Switcher like most but MS make far from crap products in my View alot of their software is good, I don't like to isolate myself all my College Mates, Friends and Family use PCs and to a degree you must know someone who uses a PC and if you can both use the same software whether it's MS or otherwise it's always beneficial and they tend to be alot more compaitable that an alternative.

I do hate some of MS Products for Mac mainly because they are revamped versions of previous PC Software. All Microsoft Messenger for MAc reminds me of is MSN Messenger 6 for the PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
go in the switcher bit and everyone is going on about how crap MS are and in here you all bigging em up.. make up your minds :eek:
I'll smack down an MS basher in any forum, not just here. However with hundreds of posts a day, I don't read them all. If people are saying uninformed things, I'll point it out. ;)

perhaps i should just go back to using a pc as mac doesnt have a supperior version of word/excel etc.. even outlook is better than apples effort...

That's debatable. Office for Mac still has some features that I think kick the pants off the Windows version. It all depends on what you need I guess.

still im not getting into this mac vs MS crap as its very boring.. and you've all gone off the original topic so shame on you!! :eek:P

I believe you were the one who started the MS bashing ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.