Paranoid with my new toy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 duo
Just purchased my my macbook a couple days ago and so far I love this thing. It's fast and runs like a dream. I have however posted about a couple physical flaws i have encountered. Maybe I'm just being paranoid but now im noticing that when the "book" is closed the cover (display side) seems to shift ever so slightly side to side. I noticed this when i was wiping fingerprints off. When holding it closed, if i apply pressure with my thumbs on the two corners it moves side to side a little. Normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
Mine moves a little too. I'm not worried by it as the shell is plastic/polycarbonate. Plus it's got to have some play otherwise it would be really hard to open.

Another thing to remember is there is no latch like other brands of laptop/notebooks, this lack of latch makes the display seem looser than normal when closed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.