Help with Yahoo! video

C

carduser22

Hi, this is totally unrelated to Mac software, and I didn't know where else to go, but this is a Mac oriented site (i think) so maybe someone can help me.

Sometimes (seldom) I want to watch videos on Yahoo! video. I tried looking in Yahoo! help forums but every time I click on the link for "system requirements" to try to find the requirements, it redirects me to the original site, the same site!!! What gives? Does Yahoo Video work better with Internet Explorer, one of THOSE IE-only sites? It is only sometimes I see something interesting on Yahoo! Video, but it is really annoying not getting an answer ANYWHERE on Google. Usually, I get my videos from Google and YouTube so it won't be a big loss.
It just seems like when I try to download videos from Yahoo! it is agonizingly slow or doesn't even load at all. What is up? Does anyone else have trouble with Yahoo video?
P.S. I use Firefox 2.0 for Mac OS X 10.4.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
yeah, I've had problems with yahoo vids as well. Occassionally they don't load, and others crash the browser entirely. I think this has happened with both safari and firefox. I generall avoid their vids now. If I really want to see it, I might search for it elsewhere where I know the site is more stable.

Sometimes refreshing the page will help - it did the last time I viewed something at yahoo. But the sheer volume of vids at each of those major sites almost guarantees any vid to be identical to another site (often with more than one copy of it too)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.