I Freakin Love My New C2D MBP!

I

i3041

I understand that forums in general attract people who are having problems, seeking answers, or have other issues they need to seek advice about. I wanted to briefly share my thoughts on the brand new 15" MBP I picked up a couple weeks ago.

I can't say it enough.....I LOVE THIS FREAKIN COMPUTER! I have never used a Mac before this, and I am so impressed with everything. The new C2D MBP is a dream machine for me, and it is the best computer purchase I have ever made. I personally have had NO issues at all, and am completely satisfied.

When people ask me why I got a Mac, and what I think about it after using it non-stop for 2 weeks, I say..."It just works". I read this on Apple's website before buying my MBP, but only after using it did it really sink in. That is such a true statement!

Like I said, I have had NO issues to complain about. It is the quietest computer I have ever owned (virtually silent). The heat is not a problem for me at all when it's sitting on my lap. It's super fast, and has a wonderful display (matte). All around....I just love it! I'm never going back to Windows that's for sure. Ok, so that's my 2 cents about this new notebook. I hope it helps someone out there make a decision to get one because I really believe you will be happy you did!

Did I mention how much I love my new C2D MBP?!!!

Reaction score
same here man! I read about it on this forum and I got it about a week ago. It is absolutely WONDERFUL.

Edit:
Here's a picture of my setup :D

CIMG0107.jpg

OP
S

Sp71Supra

I couldnt agree with you more, my 1st mac was a powerbook g4, then it got destroyed.. like lieteraly... then I bought a 15inch C2D Macbook Pro, love it even more than my powerbook, but I remember getting my 1st apple, its like being a little kid in a candy store.

OP
N

NYCGPS

Is that the reason why all the wonder *PC sucks Mac 4 life* losers gotta steal all the technology from the so-stupid-PC-platform ? AGP ? DDR ? oh wait CPU as well, Hey I still remember the days when Jobs disssssss Intel like theres no tomorrow.

what happen now huh ? Also I still remember the days when Mac ppl said that G5 is faster than Athlon and Pentium , LMAO

and everytime I see all these mac babies crying like crazy saying that theres no Mac support ... cuz Mac sucks .... oh wait now you guys are using the *Oh so boring PC hardware* now , **** u guys got me on that one since I cant dis what I've been using for 15 years (PC hardware).... Macs are so good but its just that they cant create something thats better than PC hardware ....

And Windows ownz Mac OS anyday.

Good Job, Jobs.
Thank you come again.

Reaction score
Is that the reason why all the wonder *PC sucks Mac 4 life* losers gotta steal all the technology from the so-stupid-PC-platform ? AGP ? DDR ? oh wait CPU as well, Hey I still remember the days when Jobs disssssss Intel like theres no tomorrow.

what happen now huh ? Also I still remember the days when Mac ppl said that G5 is faster than Athlon and Pentium , LMAO

and everytime I see all these mac babies crying like crazy saying that theres no Mac support ... cuz Mac sucks .... oh wait now you guys are using the *Oh so boring PC hardware* now , **** u guys got me on that one since I cant dis what I've been using for 15 years (PC hardware).... Macs are so good but its just that they cant create something thats better than PC hardware ....

And Windows ownz Mac OS anyday.

Good Job, Jobs.

Thank you come again.

...Um, yeah..... right........... I can see you won't be around here very long, flame-baiter.

Reaction score
give me a break...haha... laughable..

punished in pc world for over decade of computing...
living the happy life now w/ my MBP.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
You have to admit, there are some kernels of truth in there. Just be an adult and admit to them.

I'm new to Mac from PC and I see that each has strengths nad weaknesses over the other. I would not have changed had it not been for Bootcamp.

There is nothing worse than a fanboy who doen't want to admit any fault, or a jerk who wants to come in and eat lollipops on everyone's parade.

Can't se all just grow up, be adult, and acknowledge the good and the bad of all things as NOTHING is perfect?

OP
S

shawnb2

It was hard to watch all that money go away so quickly, but once I got my 2.33GHz MBP with the glossy screen all of my worries went away. I've had it for 2 hours and holy cow this thing is amazing. I'm glad I waited to get the C2D and cannot get over how well this thing works. It's amazingly fast. My wireless printer setup was lightening quick and easy. I have to say, I am a solid believer!

Reaction score
I'm loving mine as well.
Got the 15" the day before Thanksgiving.
My 1st Mac. I haven't put it down yet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I think our troll-friend "NYCGPS" fails to understand that the beauty of the Macintosh is primarily its well designed exterior, and above all, Mac OS. The Macintosh has always been very similar to the x86 PC in terms of using SCSI, ATA, video standards, etc.

The only point that I will agree with him on, is Apple's FUD about PowerPC being faster than Intel. While that may be true in certain circumstances, it was just marketing BS for the most part.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 3.06 GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, 500GB SATA hard drive, 8gb iPhone
From ordering it..how long did it take for you to receive the laptop?

how many days? and it's beautiful by the way!

I want to sell my macbook pro 17" for a C2D one..

But i can sufficiently say, "once you go mac, you can't stop!"

never again will i go for any laptop or computer other than macs!

Reaction score
From ordering it..how long did it take for you to receive the laptop?

I got mine from MacConnection.com ... they have (or had) a $150 rebate on the MBP C2D, plus no tax and free ground shipping. For about $30 I paid for overnight. Ordered the computer Monday evening, had it Tuesday morning. I'm a very happy camper.

All told, I saved more than $250 compared to buying it at the local Apple Store.

They also have (or had) a rebate that canceled out the cost of buying Parallels, but you had to purchase it on the same ticket. I received my computer before I realized it but that's a great deal and essentially reduces the price of the computer by another $70.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667 DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm, SuperDrive 6x
I get mine tomorrow, I can't wait!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.