Switching From Linux? Miss Multiple Desktops? Try This

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ever since I switched from Linux to Mac, I have missed multiple desktops, a staple of the Linux and Unix environment. I was delighted to read in my recent edition of Mac Format Magazine (a great, if somewhat pricey, Mac magazine that hails from the UK) about You Control Desktops, a third party add in that delivers multiple desktops now, instead of waiting for Spaces in Leopard. They gave it a very favorable review, and so I decided to try it.

I downloaded it and have been using it for a few days now. It is very, very good. I can definitely recommend it. Now I have all the benefits of the Mac, plus one of my favorite Linux features. Since multiple desktops is such a high value feature, I thought I would share this with everyone.

There is one drawback - You Control Desktops (see www.yousoftware.com) is a shareware package priced at $29.95. You can try it out for 15 days for free and then have to pay or delete. Well worth it in my opinion, but it may rankle some of the "free as in beer" Linux open source fans. While I agree with the sentiment, if you are switching to Mac, you clearly recognize that you are switching to the world of paid software again, so hopefully this fee isn't too much of an issue.

Reaction score
When I get my mac, I'm gonna have to give this a try. Using them at school, and, essentially to quote myself, "The only thing I don't like about this is that you can't have multiple desktops, like in Linux."

Thanks for the info!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.