oracle on intel mac

I

IceCube

hi everyone,

I've recently bought an intel mac with os x tiger, I've been looking on the web, searching different forums, but I haven't found a clear answer

can anyone here tell me if oracle is supported on an intel mac running os x tiger

thx in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
If you're talking about the Oracle Database: Yes.

Read this link at Oracle's site and scroll down to Appendix D. The documentation seems pretty slim, though.

If I have time, I am going to try to load Oracle's "Unbreakable Linux" under Parallels on my MacBook. (This is their re-tooling of Red Hat.) Then if I'm really feeling wacky I'll try the database under that.

Then again, I may just go Christmas shopping. :)

Good luck!

OP
I

IceCube

If you're talking about the Oracle Database: Yes.

Read this link at Oracle's site and scroll down to Appendix D. The documentation seems pretty slim, though.

If I have time, I am going to try to load Oracle's "Unbreakable Linux" under Parallels on my MacBook. (This is their re-tooling of Red Hat.) Then if I'm really feeling wacky I'll try the database under that.

Then again, I may just go Christmas shopping. :)

Good luck!

so are you talking about oracle database under Parallels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The answer to your original question is "yes," as outlined in my first two paragraphs.

My Frankenstein-proposal, which is separate from your question, was that I may try to install Oracle Linux under Parallels and then try the Oracle Database for Linux under that. Given the time involved, I may not get to this for a while.

OP
I

IceCube

oh..ok

I asked this because I've already tried to install Oracle 10 on my intel mac,
but when I start the installer and I click 'Next' I get an error

The message refers to a .err file which indicates a java exception:
Unsatisfied Link Error...

and on some forums it is stated that Oracle 10 is not yet provided for intel macs, while others claim that they don't experience any problems....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.