Probably A Stupid Question

L

lnetubaplyr

I just got my ibook and am wondering about the heat of it. Its the 12 inch, i was just wondering if anyone knew, is it going to get to hot if i use it on my bed or on the floor (carpet)? My other laptop had a big fan on the bottom that i couldn't cover, but on this its only on the back and the side, so will i be ok setting it on the bed and carpet? Do these have any overheat shutdown? Thanks in advance

ROb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
they will get warm on your legs but not unbareable. I use my powerbook which is known to be much hotter on my lap and bed all the time with no problem

OP
L

lnetubaplyr

Thanks for the reply, i think i'll probably be ok, just didn't want the thing to catch on fire or something.

Thanks again,

ROb

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I suggest you place something between the iBook, when yoo place on the bed or carpet. Placing it on the bed or a pillow can easily block the vents and some carpets.

OP
P

PRinMD

I agree with rman, I picked up a cheap lapdesk, with a cushion underneath and a solid surface so there is nothing blocking vents. This way you ensure some good airflow. I always use my laptop at night before bed, so you can just put it on that and not have to worry. The wife reads a book and I surf the net :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.