IM's? Your Views....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Now I have probably been through all the major IM's you can think of and I'm yet to find one that doesn't have problems, that includes Multi-Client's.

What's your View?

I find them to be a pain most of the time and the rest just painfully annoying.

So what's my problem....

(Service then Problems)

MSN - Sign In & Contacts Status

Yahoo - Adding Contacts especially MSN one's doesn't work properly. Communicating with MSN Contacts is crap I'm not sure what fecking features they left in except Text Chat.

AIM - Not very often but sometimes I need to Sign out then sign back in again before the contact appears in my list

GoogleTalk - Seems alright for the time being.

Skype - Haven't really been able to give this much of a twirl as I don't really know many people that use it for basic IMing.

Aduim - Slow to respond to visual updates of Converstaion and Status/Profile Information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have no problems using a combo of iChatAV with my aim name and google talk name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch iMac / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 gHz / 1 GB RAM / 250gb hd / Black iPod Nano 2nd gen 8gb
i use Adium, and I love it. I like how customizable everything is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
I use my sidekick for IM'ing but when i do need/want to use the computer i use adium.

The thing I hate about it is the transfer of files. I always have to go to iChat for it to work.

OP
BIG D 04
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Nar no problems with iChat really either than problem I stated happened twice at start off. Although after a few weeks use it doesn't seem to have happened again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
For AIM and Google iChat is great. I have no issues in the 2-3 years I have been using iChat. Most of my friends are on AIM and a few on Yahoo. I have been using the new Beta Yahoo client for the little I do with yahoo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.