Applications closing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17", 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, 120 GB HDD. Ipod 20GB
Can someone help me out here please, the problem I've been having relates to the closure of whatever programs I have running whenever the monitor goes to sleep. I've changed the setting in preferences for the computer NEVER go to sleep and for the monitor to go to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity. Saying that, If I've got some web pages running and the terminal before the monitor goes to sleep whenever I log back in they've all been closed down.

Is there anyway I could get round this problem. I'd like to continue from where I've left off before the monitor went to sleep.

Rgds,
Everett

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Thats strange, do you have it so the Hard Drive turns off when possible as that might explain it, however I have a similar set up but mine works perfectly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Can you clarify what happens when the monitor goes off, and then when you come to log in. It sounds like you are either being completely logged out, or the machine is turning itself off.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17", 1.67GHz, 2GB RAM, 120 GB HDD. Ipod 20GB
I've unticked the box for putting the hard disk to sleep when possible. The slider bar for putting the computer to sleep is set to never and the bar for putting the display to sleep is set to 1hr but for some reasons all my applications are closed whenever I log back in after the monitor goes to sleep.

When I log back in all I'm seeing is the desktop icons, there are no opened programs or anything to give any indication that I was running any apps. I think I'm being completely logged out, the machine insn't turning itself off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.