Faxing Question

V

vicreoy

Hello,

I am trying to fax using the bluetooth modem. I am using word, going to print, clicking on fax, putting in the required phone number and then trying to fax. It then brings up the bluetooth modem window and gets hung up on perparing fax. It is only 2 pages long, and it sits there forever preparing the fax. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong or have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks,
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hmm... do remember that what you will be sending is an image so it's going to take quite a long time to process and send.. Especially over a mobile phone.. Other than waiting for 5 minutes or so, I don't have any other advice.. hopefully someone else does.

OP
V

vicreoy

I am trying again today, and it has been "preparing" the fax for about 20 minutes. It is only 3 pages long (including the cover sheet) and is 95% text. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be going wrong?...or why this is taking so long?

Thanks for your help.
Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmm.. yeah sounds like something is going wrong.. well do realize that even though it is text doesnt really matter.. a fax machine sees black and it sees white, it doesnt see text or graphics.. it's all graphics to it. But even then.. actually try faxing one page that only has one line of text on it.. see what that does..

OP
V

vicreoy

I just tried faxing the word "test" and it still took forever to "prepare" the fax. :( I tried looking on apples site for help, but no go. Should I bother calling applecare?

Thanks for your help Murlyn,

Steve

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I would do that then.. or first go over to MacFixit.com they might have a fix for it, if it's a common problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No worries :) I wish I could be more help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.